Friday, February 19, 2010

PSA: Know Your Bank

Today, I lost my wallet. Walking from my partner's car to the yoga studio we were testing out (yoga-venture post forthcoming), it somehow disappeared. I retraced my steps and couldn't find it anywhere, in the car, on the sidewalk or in the yoga studio. No dice. My pal retraced our steps too and found nothing.

So I took the first 20 or 30 minutes of the yoga class calling all my banks and credit card companies, cancelling all my cards.

And the lesson of all of this? Store your banking phone numbers in your contacts! You never know when you'll lose your wallet (or if someone will steal it). So you've got to hope for the best, and prepare for the worst... The faster you get the cards shut down, the less likely you are to have your money stolen.


My story has a happy, goodness-of-man-affirming ending. Someone found my wallet in the street and brought it to the police station. Thank goodness! But it's very clear how easily that situation could have gone differently... So semper paratus!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: