Sunday, January 24, 2010

Writing Assignment: Day 5- ?

Can you say epic fail? I've definitely gotten behind with my little writing project! I'm going to need to do a little catching up over the next couple of days. It never feels good to be playing catchup...

So for today, I'm going to do Day 5 as a mobile edition. I'll come back to my holiday gifts topic when I'm back on my laptop!


Day 5: 5 Minutes
Topic: Excuses

There's a funny thing that happens when a person screws up. It triggers this irrational need to make good, to cover your tracks, to get the story straight. Never mind if the initial commitment was flawed or impossible to meet.

Here are a few excuses that I'm currently questioning the validity of:

"I don't have time." / "I'm too busy"
"I don't know how."

Re: time / busy: you decide to be busy. If something is important, you make the time.

Re: not knowing how: learn, or find someone to teach you. I'm not talking about astrophysics; I'm talking about everyday stuff like cooking dinner or changing a tire.

We make the time for the things we want to do...


Time's up! And I'm off to teach!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: