Thursday, January 10, 2008

I've Been Meme-Tagged: So Who's Next?

Tag you're it. Well, not exactly. The whole concept of meme-tagging seems more closely related to chain mail than tag (in fact, I think the reference to "tagging" is more for the social media aspect than the game, but I like the school yard imagery). So the whole thing is off. And there are too many uses of the same word!

Doug Haslam, colleague at Topaz, social media guru and a frequent angry nerd, has meme- tagged me. So I will share share "8 random things about me" and pay it forward. First, here are the meme-tagging rules:

  1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
  2. List EIGHT random facts about yourself.
  3. Tag EIGHT people at the end of your post and list their names.
  4. Let them know they’ve been tagged.

Here eight random things about me:

  1. I got pulled over in the driver's ed car. Yes, the driver's ed car. I don't think the cop realized it at first because it turned into a really awkward, but amusing conversation between my driving instructor and the cop. "Did you tell her what she did wrong back there." "Why yes, officer. I was just explaining that to her now." Thanks, jerk.
  2. I was a cheerleader my senior year of high school. It was for one basketball season (I didn't cheer for football, which is probably for the best, because I actually got to watch the games).
  3. America's Next Top Model is my favorite way to waste time. I'm not a big fan of reality TV, but ANTM is a severe guilty pleasure, complete with all the expected hints of escapism. Thank you VH-1 for your recent Model-thon (ANTM marathon, seasons 1 through 10).
  4. Sometimes I get really uncomfortable in large or even medium sized groups of people--which is sort of funny considering I work in PR.
  5. My first job was at the local Subway. I was 15 and I didn't stay there very long.
  6. My second job was at Bullwinkle's Family Fun Center. Bullwinkle, as in Rocky and... Fun Center--well, I guess that was what you made of it.
  7. In high school, I wrote an article about the wrestling team originally titled, "Real Men Wear Spandex." Through the judicious page-editing process that title became, "Spandex, Eh?" And the title and the article, which was admittedly colorful, was first piece the 4- to 8-page paper had published that actually prompted a stern letter to the editor, and the principle, and the vice principle, and the head of the athletic department, and the journalism adviser. I cried. But I wrote similar pieces under the same headline every year until I graduated.
  8. Oh, the final random fact: "one time at band camp..." I played percussion and did actually attend band camp.
And now for the pay it forward portion of this meme-tagging thing we have going on.
Amanda Gravel, Jackie Vettorino, Paull Young, Michael Denton, Yianni Garcia, Joe Cascio, Julia Roy and Maria Thurrell--TAG, you're it! (My apologies in advance.)

3 comments:

Jayvee said...

oh I got tagged!

Jayvee said...

Wow, I got tagged. Thanks :)

Michael Denton said...

I've been tagged!!! NICE I know i'm late to the game but I got you.