Doug Haslam, colleague at Topaz, social media guru and a frequent angry nerd, has meme- tagged me. So I will share share "8 random things about me" and pay it forward. First, here are the meme-tagging rules:
- Link to your tagger and post these rules.
- List EIGHT random facts about yourself.
- Tag EIGHT people at the end of your post and list their names.
- Let them know they’ve been tagged.
Here eight random things about me:
- I got pulled over in the driver's ed car. Yes, the driver's ed car. I don't think the cop realized it at first because it turned into a really awkward, but amusing conversation between my driving instructor and the cop. "Did you tell her what she did wrong back there." "Why yes, officer. I was just explaining that to her now." Thanks, jerk.
- I was a cheerleader my senior year of high school. It was for one basketball season (I didn't cheer for football, which is probably for the best, because I actually got to watch the games).
- America's Next Top Model is my favorite way to waste time. I'm not a big fan of reality TV, but ANTM is a severe guilty pleasure, complete with all the expected hints of escapism. Thank you VH-1 for your recent Model-thon (ANTM marathon, seasons 1 through 10).
- Sometimes I get really uncomfortable in large or even medium sized groups of people--which is sort of funny considering I work in PR.
- My first job was at the local Subway. I was 15 and I didn't stay there very long.
- My second job was at Bullwinkle's Family Fun Center. Bullwinkle, as in Rocky and... Fun Center--well, I guess that was what you made of it.
- In high school, I wrote an article about the wrestling team originally titled, "Real Men Wear Spandex." Through the judicious page-editing process that title became, "Spandex, Eh?" And the title and the article, which was admittedly colorful, was first piece the 4- to 8-page paper had published that actually prompted a stern letter to the editor, and the principle, and the vice principle, and the head of the athletic department, and the journalism adviser. I cried. But I wrote similar pieces under the same headline every year until I graduated.
- Oh, the final random fact: "one time at band camp..." I played percussion and did actually attend band camp.
Amanda Gravel, Jackie Vettorino, Paull Young, Michael Denton, Yianni Garcia, Joe Cascio, Julia Roy and Maria Thurrell--TAG, you're it! (My apologies in advance.)