Thursday, December 2, 2010

Turkey Flow & The Real Bird of Paradise

A week ago today, I taught a half flow, half restorative class to prepare folks for the Thanksgiving Day holiday.  We had a pretty good time, and a rockin', if not slightly nutters, playlist to practice to...  This is one of my more diverse ones, and I had some requests to post it publicly, so here it is:

  1. Devotion, Stephen DeRuby
  2. Brothers in Arms, Dire Straits
  3. Just Dance, Lady Gaga
  4. We R Who We R, Ke$ha
  5. Bizarre Love Triangle '94, New Order
  6. Raise Your Glass, Pink
  7. Letting Go, Sean Kingston & Nicki Minaj
  8. One Tribe, Black Eyed Peas
  9. Like This, Kelly Rowland
  10. Heart of the Matter, India.Arie
  11. Thank You, Dido
  12. Govindah, Rasa
  13. Love, ANAHATA
  14. Gift of Tears, Vin Mitchell
  15. Silent Moment, ANAHATA


The Real Bird of Paradise? 
I split my Thanksgiving between the kitchen and the yoga studio.  And as such, my fella inevitably made a crack about the bird of paradise, a reference both to the bird I prepared (above) and the yoga pose (featured to the right).  The pose is quite challenging -- it's a balancing pose, with a bind, with some serious hip opening; it took me about a year to get the balancing and the bind, without the full extension of the leg.  Comparatively, the other bird took four and half hours to cook, and over a week later, we're still munching on the leftovers.

Which is the real bird of paradise?  You tell me.

No comments: