Friday, January 30, 2009

Vacation of Sorts: Vegas to P-Town

Viva Las Vegas! 

I had never been to Vegas before.  With all the "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" nonsense, I really wasn't sure what to expect.  But I went for a surprise birthday party in January and wanted to share!  

We kept mostly to old town, which I've taken to calling Disney Land for adults because it's what you get when you take the happiest place and add sex, gambling and drinking.  But on the last night, we took a drive down the strip so I could see what everyone is always talking about.  

I took a few pictures of the watershow at the Bellagio and all the pretty signs.   It was a nice conclusion to playtime. 


Going Home Again: Exploits in P-Town
Every single time I fly into PDX, I'm struck by the natural beauty of the area.  I grew up there, you'd think I wouldn't notice it anymore.  But I always do.  

This time I took a couple of pictures over the wing of the plane on the way in. Not the best quality, but you can still see the mountains, sorta.  

It really is special place. 

Beautiful and Yummy
Special place indeed--it's not just because of beauty though, but because of a way of thinking.  The next time you find yourself in Portland, Oregon, visit Voodoo donuts. 

Look at the entertaining and unique donuts below (warning: PG13)!  

        

Finally, sunset in P-town!

     

No comments: