Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Media Bullseye Column and Cover

Middle of November, right around the time I went blog dark, I got some very exciting news. My Media Bullseye piece on raising kids in the digital world ("Digital Footprints: Raising Kids Online") was to be the cover story for the latest installment of the print edition of the magazine.

Pretty neat, huh?

I'm not going to lie, I sent a print copy home to my mom as soon as they came in the mail.



A day or so after I got the big news, I got a direct message from Chip Griffin, editor-in-chief over at Media Bullseye. He wanted to know if I would be interested in contributing a monthly column... Of course I would!

And it was so. And Familiar Marketing was born.

Familiar Marketing is published on the third Wednesday of every month. For the column, I write about advertising and marketing efforts that are familiar or family-related.

My first official column was published on Wednesday, December 17, 2008, and I wrote about a familiar, Christmas-time marketing effort: Santa Claus and Coca Cola. You can check out "Branding a Cultural Icon, Branding a Cola" on the Media Bullseye site here.

Plenty more to come here and on Media Bullseye. Feel free to post column ideas in the comments below.

1 comment:

Jayvee said...

congrats! Glad to see you're putting your writing skills to good use!