Saturday, September 22, 2007

Resolutions

What can I do better this year?

Post more frequently on this here blog... I've got to learn to play through the pain and rock the writers' block!


Lead a healthier life. I need to eat better. I need to exercise.
But doesn't everyone say that?
I feel like if there's a list of the most used, canned new year's resolutions, diet and exercise are number one and two on that list.


Study. I miss school. This year, I want to read more about random archaeological digs, traveling, and whatever sounds good. Basically, I want to read all the books I didn't have time to read while I was in school.


There are many more things I can improve on. I could be more spontaneous. I could more thoughtfully choose my words. I could do a lot of things.

I could hit sent on this post before I ramble on for too long... Right. Done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, from the past!

I was doing some housekeeping, and I came across an old sheet of paper with your name on it--Sandy Kalik, (erstwhile) editor-in-chief of Cat Tracks back at your Oregon high school. I'm hoping this is the right Sandy, but if not, then please accept my apologies for the intrusion!

I'm Josh Fredman. You probably don't remember me at all, but once upon a time you visited the University of Washington, and stopped by The Daily (the campus newspaper), where I was an editor at the time. We talked shop and I recall thinking that you were an interesting person--which is why I kept the contact info you gave me...and then subsequently forgot about it for six years. =)

So, rather than just throw that sheet of paper away, I took a page from XKCD and googled your name, which led me here. I'm thrilled to see that you've taken up blogging. Way too few people keep a regularly updated, public blog, but it can be a very rewarding pastime--and it's a good way to stay in touch. I've got a journal too, which I am linking. (You're not obliged to go read it, of course, so no worries if you don't want to.)

From one geek to another, keep watching the stars!

And, lastly: L'shanah tovah! (Admittedly a bit late, but, hey. This is a new year's resolutions entry, right? I resolve never to let interesting people pass out of my life because of my own inaction.)

~ Josh