Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving Week -- Gratitude & Beyond

Last year, following yoga pal Abby's lead (find her at Perusals), I tried to blog a daily gratitude for the lead up to Thanksgiving.   We have plenty to be thankful for, why not think about it on a regular basis?   This year, I was more than abundant in the lead up for Thanksgiving.  My cup runneth over, so to speak.

I am grateful for so many things.  For work that sustains me.  For yoga that nourishes me. For my friends, family and colleagues who support me. 

Last year at this time, I got a bit of a shock.  And as a consequence there have been some massive changes to my family. Without sharing the details of the family drama, I will simply say that the elements I was able to handle with a grateful attitude were much easier generally. 

As a sort of attitude coping mechanism for the holiday season, I'm planning to shift my daily gratitude to the month after Thanksgiving, leading up to Christmas-- traditionally a hectic time of year.  Join me?

No comments: