Sunday, November 22, 2009

Gratitude Day 5: Smarties

Friday night, I spent my evening at a Starbucks with a colleague I respect (@johncass) discussing social media and culture. Over piping cups of chocolate infused beverages, we shared our thoughts on the changes in society technology has afforded us, on the sub-cultures that have emerged in new social technologies and more. The whole conversation had me buzzing with ideas throughout and after. I was super charged to get a ton of stuff done when I got home too--although that may have had something to do with the caffeine quatity in my chocolate infused beverage.

Because of that conversation, and the many like it that I've had over the years with my mentors in archaeology, social media and elsewhere along the path I've wandered, I'm thankful for the smarties today. I'm grateful for those people around me that make me think, wonder and question. Thanks!

No comments: