Sunday, August 12, 2007

Sandy's First Blog

I've been toying with the idea of starting a blog for quite some time now. First, I debated the name. Naming a log of your thoughts seemed to be a highly personal matter--or at least that was what I was telling myself at the time as a way of putting off actually starting this thing. Vetting the name through friends only created further room for wiggling out of actually blogging. "Are you sure you want to name your blog that?" "That's a dumb name."

Maybe this "sandying" business is dumb too. But no more excuses!

This is my blog. I'm planning to post here often. And I plan to try to post in themes (i.e. topics that I intend to write on regularly).

Possible themes, you ask? Here's the working list:

MyNews: I, like everyone else who has a blog, will blog about me--hence the name of the blog.

PRoper-ganda: Bernays, the father of public relations, said that what he did was propaganda, and that he just "hoped it was 'proper-ganda' and not 'improper-ganda.'" A very witty little woman I went to college with named our PRSSA chapter newsletter PRoper-ganda and I would be remiss not to mention my title borrowing (much PRSSAmor).

Middle East Mash-up: Not so occassionally, the coverage of the area is, well, amusingly disparate. Three different stories covering the same event will recant three radically different stories. And don't get me started on the bias!

Jargon Jar: posts of random mumbo jumbo I hear at work, in the news or anywhere that may need explaining for me and others.

And there will be more to come, as I have many more interests I like to talk / think / write about. But this is a good start; it's an introduction really.

Welcome to my blog. Visit often.

1 comment:

Sid said...

Mazel tov on starting youre very own blog. I hope you get out all your brilliant ideas to the benefit of all mankind.